Construction Debris – C&D
Effective May 1, 2018 C&D will be increased to $.17 cent per lb.
Per order of Selectboard
Town of Westmore Transfer Station Guidelines:
If you are visiting the Westmore Transfer Station, please check in with an attendant so that they may direct you. Your vehicle or its contents may be weighed prior to unloading. Some areas are restricted, so please follow the signs. Do not go beyond public access areas for your own safety. Access to the contents of the burn pile or the Construction & Demolition bin is prohibited. There are times when transfer station bins are near full capacity, so please call ahead if you intend to bring large truckloads or dumpsters of waste.
- Recycling – Zero Sort Recycling
Zero Sort Recycling
All recycling set out for municipal pick-up must be clean, meet the following guidelines and be kept dry in closed, clear plastic bags available at the Town Clerk’s Office or your grocery store. Do not put in paper bags, bins or boxes unless you are able to sort your recycling at the transfer station. Dates for trash and recycling pick-up, as well as Transfer Station operating hours, are listed at the Town Clerk’s Office, the Transfer Station and the Westmore Annual Report.
Residents of Westmore are provided with municipal trash collection year round. You are also welcome to use the Transfer Station during regular operating hours if you purchase a vehicle sticker from the Town Clerk’s Office. All rubbish must be in clear, closed plastic bags – NOT BLACK PLASTIC BAGS. Dates for trash and recycling pick-up, as well as Transfer Station operating hours, are listed at the Town Clerk’s Office, the Transfer Station and the Westmore Annual Report. Recycling is mandatory in the town of Westmore. Do not put items in your household waste that you can recycle or that are handled in the following ways.
The following are NOT household wastes and should be handled accordingly:
- Scrap metal, non-treated, burnable waste, tires, and construction demolition debris can be disposed of at the Transfer Station for a nominal fee.
- Check in all loads prior to unloading. There is a designated location for each of these items.
- Oil, oil filters, automotive batteries, fluorescent bulbs, aerosol cans, propane tanks, computers, printer cartridges, cell phones, TV’s and other electronics are collected all year at the Transfer Station. Some fees apply to electronics.
- Acceptable household hazardous waste can be disposed of on scheduled annual collection days or by appointment only June through the end of September by calling the NEK Waste Management District office. This includes toxic, corrosive, reactive, explosive and flammable products, such as non-latex paints, cleaners, thermometers, garden and pest sprays, automotive products, fuel and chemicals.
- If you have any questions about acceptable hazardous waste disposal, give the Waste District a call and they will help you and/or direct you to the proper waste handling facility. For example, biohazardous materials, such as insulin needles must go to a medical facility. Please do not put them in your rubbish.
Westmore Town Clerk | (802) 525-3007
Westmore Transfer Station | (802) 467-3838
NEK Waste Management District | (802) 626-3532 or (800) 734-4602 / or try their website at www.nekwmd.org